I just decided to take a look at this again and was surprised to see that it has been 2 years since my last post.  I have been keeping a daily journal that I started with OhLife.com (now dead) and am now doing as a document.  Since then I’ve done a lot of birding, volunteering, counted cross stitch, and miniatures. I’ll catch up with some photos.

IMG_20150113_125800823 IMG_20150113_144718867 IMG_20150127_072441489 (1) IMG_20150128_110250716


How to proceed when you don’t have any more space in your house for stuff you make? Find a way to make it functional. I’m beginning with wetlands bookends. These are 1 inch to the foot, to the last wetland project that was 1 inch to 2 feet. I’m hopeful it will be easier to do the flowers and birds.


I’ve reached the limit of tiny that my bug hands can do. I’ve added a great blue heron, male and female common merganser and a not very impressive killdeer. Now it’s time to think up a new project.





Wetlands 3

I haven’t worked on this a lot this week. Migration is getting started so birding is going to be taking up more of my time.

I did add a Canada goose, a redwing blackbird, and 2 coots.





Wetlands week 2

I’ve worked on this quite a bit this week. Added peckerelweed, waterlillies, bullrushes, a log with 3 turtles and a bullfrog. I hadn’t used much superglue in the past, now it seems to be all I use. It’s the only way it to get all of these skinny plants to stand up.




Wetland started

I’m off to a good start on my wetland project. I’m building it on a bamboo plate I bought at Ikea yeas ago.

So far, carp, cattails and a muskrat mound. The water has to go in in thin layers.



In the garden

A few birds have shown up in the garden.









I’ve started working on a miniature wetlands project, at Steve’s request.  He is great at ideas that seem almost impossible to pull off.  It may take me a while to figure out how to do a blue heron in .5 inch = 1 foot scale.